If you are here to apply, please make an application and register an account, we will activate the account when your application is accepted.
If you are here to apply, please make an application and register an account, we will activate the account when your application is accepted.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW FORUM OVER AT http://wolfpack-clan.com/forum/index.php

Role-Playing Details

Go down 
+4
Killfacer
john
Nomsterify
Laisha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

Role-Playing Details Empty
PostSubject: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Alright guys, so we have a slightly neater place to post information, I'm starting a new topic relevant to the role play. I've started working on my campaign, so we'll be clear to start soon. I'll update this with download links when I finish some basic information you should probably know before we begin. And maps! Also, if you want to start learning, we're using Dungeons & Dragons 4.0 as our ruleset. You can get the manuals here if you need them. The players, as far as I am aware, are the following and are, unfortunately, the limit:

Petro
Yami
Azan
Greed
Deacon
Cleric

I will probably help you guys with character creation once I refresh my memory of how it works and we can use Petro as additional guidance since he still knows more than I. However, there are a few limitations on what races you can choose.
The following are good:
Human
Elf
Half-Elf
Halfling
Dwarf

The following are not:
Dragonborn
Eladrin
Tiefling

While I didn't want to restrict half of the races for character creation, these three didn't fit my setting for various reasons. Dragonborn and Tieflings just wouldn't exist and Eladrin might exist. Otherwise, knock yourselves out. Classes are unrestricted, racial bonuses (and liabilities where applicable) are still in effect and, once I get a map for you, you can even come up with back stories. You'll be starting at level one. You will be part of a (small) mercenary company hired by the Kingdom of Mitea, so you may want to start considering why your character would be in the company in the first place. Also, debate amongst yourselves to come up with a name for the company. I would prefer something a little more original than Wolfpack, for the record.

Additionally, I've begun creating resources for the game world so you can create back stories and solid characters. So far, I've created a a regional and a "world" map and two historical documents to supplement them. If you have questions about these materials, particularly the features on the map, since I know they aren't as clear as they originally were, just PM me or message me on Steam.

First, the regional map and the history that goes with it.

Second, the world map and the overview that goes with it.

For the future, you can assume that the information for the first two links is known by the characters you make while the latter two are solely for your use in making characters. I didn't quite want to show you the latter two, but I figure that since the world is completely new, you guys have to base your characters off of some sort of historical and geographical baseline. Finally, go to this website and download the "MapTool" program: http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads It should prove very useful for keeping encounters and (sometimes) exploration running smoothly.

So...knock yourselves out!

Last edited by Laisha on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:11 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nomsterify
Warband Member
Warband Member

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:20 am

My lack of fantasy knowledge appears to be present now, what's an Elradin and a Tiefling?
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:51 am

To be fair, Nomster, I don't think you're going to know what dragonborn are in the context of D&D either.

Regardless, it's not important, really. As I've constructed the world right now, those races don't exist. I suspect they'll crop up eventually for flexibility's sake, but you can't be them in this campaign.
Back to top Go down
john
Warband Member
Warband Member

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:59 am

What is D&D?
Back to top Go down
https://wolfpackforum.rpg-board.net/
Killfacer
Officer
Officer
Killfacer

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:35 am

I'm a level 30 Dwarf rogue with level 5 mythril mace. I can shoot lasers out of my eyes also. I can summon undead also. Also i'm gonna attack greed.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 am

I'm tempted to allow it...mostly because of that Greed part...
Back to top Go down
Greed
Commander
Commander
Greed

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:57 am

Killfacer wrote:
I'm a level 30 Dwarf rogue with level 5 mythril mace. I can shoot lasers out of my eyes also. I can summon undead also. Also i'm gonna attack greed.

Come get some!
Back to top Go down
Cleric Johnson
Warband Member
Warband Member

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm

im up for this, but i wont be able to play till after the new years. Deffo gonna be dwarf. Dey got skillz.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Ah...I'll think about it Cleric. We're already ay six players and this will be my first time GMing, so adding a seventh might be a little too much. But I'll consider it since I forgot to put a note about that in the first post.

That and I'd be glad to have you along.
Back to top Go down
Cleric Johnson
Warband Member
Warband Member

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:15 am

yeah if you dont think you can manage 7 then no problem!
Back to top Go down
petro
Warband Member
Warband Member

PostSubject: D&D   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:33 am

I assume we'll be beginning the campaign at level1.

With regard to your custom setting, will all the race templates still provide the same bonuses etc?

My character is going to be a fighter of some kind fo' sho', and likely to be either Human or Dwarf (i'm leaning towards dwarf).
I'll work out the details over the weekend. I figure that the proximity to christmas means that the game will begin proper in January so I'll have a character read for then.

Also, people playing that would like some assistance creating a character, please message me and I'll see what i can do to help.

Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 am

Your assumption is correct, Petro. Always things I forgot to write...considering that you and Yami have asked me about that repeatedly, me forgetting seems quite silly.

I see no reason for the racial bonuses to not apply. If you stretch believability in a few instances, they are logical bonuses for the races.

I'm hoping to have maps drawn up and scanned in by early evening (here), so you can more easily develop backstories and the like.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:41 pm

Alright guys, I've updated the first post with some content. I have clean up and type up the rest, but you can start considering back stories now that you have an idea of what the setting is. Those who want to play dwarves should pay particular attention to the history and consider how it would affect
general perceptions by the average human. Hopefully the general overviews of the nations and the world map will help provide some additional context when I finish them.

Also, you can choose "Elf" as your race now. I realized it wouldn't make sense for Elves to be that uncommon in the world, as the number of half elves would be hilariously small, and considering the history I wrote up...

However, since it is Christmas, you obviously don't have to worry about it quite yet. So Merry Christmas to you all and I hope to discuss character creation with you in the near future! ^^

UPDATE: The rest of the background stuff is done and in the first post. Now I get to learn to use all sorts of nifty tools to improve our experience and start coming up with plans for the first session.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Just a bit of an update, which I'm putting in a new post to call attention to it.

Nomster will not be joining us. In his place, we're getting Cleric.

I'm hoping we can get underway soon, perhaps in about a week's time. But I need to know what days and times are good for people. Also, if you guys could download and read over the maps and histories, it would be appreciated. It would help a lot with understanding the environment (from hell) you're getting thrust into and in making reasonable characters.

Now then, to start planning out the first session and learning this maptool thing...
Back to top Go down
Greed
Commander
Commander
Greed

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:03 am

Laisha wrote:

Nomster will not be joining us. In his place, we're getting Cleric.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
Cleric Johnson
Warband Member
Warband Member

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:39 am

Thanks for bullying me greed. get enough of it from yami. but i guess you two are bestest-bully-buddy's.
Back to top Go down
yami_pirate
Warband Member
Warband Member
yami_pirate

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Oh hi cleric, so glad you're joining us! xD I'm gonna make a character that can kick super hard. Maybe it can be a spell or something, since I'm a great wizard Very Happy Besides you're a dwarf and therefore smaller than me, youre just asking for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:22 pm

I was originally going to do PMs for this, but...I figured why bother.

First of all, yes, there is a learning curve and it can seem rather steep in the beginning. But, as Petro reminded me (from the last time I tried this), this is very much a learn as you go experience. You'll learn what you need to know as needed. Character creation is probably going to be the biggest task you have to go through outside of actually playing. Remember guys, all you have to keep track of is your own info, nearly everything else is on me. The more you know, the smoother things run, but you'll also pick that up with time. On top of that, I'll be learning as I go, too. Speaking of character creation, who has not done so yet?

And speaking of making characters, we may have a slight problem. From what I understand and know, Yami, Azan and Deacon all intend on being wizards. The potential problem I see with this is that three wizards, while a potent group, will make the group more vulnerable since it will reduce your strategic flexibility. You guys can debate amongst yourselves who can and can't be a wizard, but I think on the whole you guys would fare better if at least one of you would switch to another class. But...I'm also open to you guys figuring out a solution to potential problems. I'm not forcing you to do anything, just warning you of the risks of a party heavy in a particular class.

As I said before, we should pick a day and time. I'm personally thinking sometime on Sunday the 8th since it's a weekend, but you guys need to communicate with me on this. I have a bit to do in the next week to get ready, but I don't want to wait much longer. I should have an updated World map up by later today and I'll give you guys a synopsis of your group as well.

Update: I updated the world map (finally). However, the synopsis will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:45 pm

People of the role play! I bring you the synopsis of your company!

"The Kingdom of Mitea has always employed mercenaries to fill out its otherwise meager standing military forces. Adventuring companies from around Sollania, ranging from small bands of ten to battalions of hundreds, have flocked to the kingdom for decades, seeking employment from the (often generous) king of the land. They deal with the majority of the problems in the land, from local disputes, to uprooting bandits and pirates and occasionally dealing with troubles in the Mitarn Range, particularly when orc tribes or giants block Torril Pass. This allows Mitea to maintain a smaller, volunteer army that can focus on defense and guard duties.

You are part of one of these mercenary companies, or rather one that desires to become an official company of Mitea. You are a bunch of upstarts that barely entered the business two season ago and almost didn't get out of the start-up phase. Had it not been for Erik Thalassen, your group's tactician, the company would have almost certainly broken up three months ago. Amusingly, you didn't hire him, as a man as famous has he most certainly would have been out of your price range. He more forced himself into your group, allowing your company to achieve success where it had previously failed. Why he has taken an interest in your group is a mystery, however you have counted your blessings, as seven of your last eight missions have been a success and the most recent still a partial success. You are nursing your wounds from that mission at your small headquarters in Rinn, awaiting your next contract."

Now you just have to name it. Should be the last thing you really need to make a backstory...even if you aren't going the complex route, you should factor this into the who, what, where and why of them.
Back to top Go down
Greed
Commander
Commander
Greed

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:21 am

Greed`s buttbuddies wasnt accepted (for some reason= xD So I dunno,could go with the obvious choice ofcourse. The obvious choice being Wolfpack.
Get a few options here and we`ll poll it?
Back to top Go down
Killfacer
Officer
Officer
Killfacer

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:10 am

Yami and the 5 dwarves.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:42 am

I'm pretty sure that there are only three dwarves...

Anyway...honestly, do you think a kingdom would hire a company called "Greed's Buttbuddies?" Razz Or that a famous tactician would join you for considerably less than he's worth? I doubt it myself. Likewise, it's not that the name Wolfpack is bad, but we use it for everything. I'm trying to challenge your imaginations. By the way, if you have a list of (good) ideas for company names, I don't mind you editing my post with a poll or telling me so I can do it.

Remember, your company exists for serious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Greed
Commander
Commander
Greed

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:01 pm

I would so hire them xD
The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom. - Sun Tzu
Seemed appropriate xD

I take your point about Wolfpack,but I dont have alot of imagination to spare,I use most of it thinking up dirty jokes and insults.

Post name suggestions here plx and we`ll poll them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Details   Role-Playing Details Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role-Playing Details
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Wolfpack Community :: Up Coming Events-
Jump to: